Welcome to South Yorkshire Country Markets
IT'S MARMALADE TIME!
The warm glow of the new marmalade season has arrived amongst the cold of the winter.
The new season's Seville orange marmalade is now available at our Markets. If you want to try something different at Tickhill you can also buy Seville Orange, Lemon & Clementine, and Seville Orange & Grapefruit.
South Yorkshire Country Markets offer you the best in home-made and hand crafted savouries and sweet cooking.
Click here to find where the five South Yorkshire Markets are located.
WE ARE CHANGING......AND IN SOME CASES HAVE ALREADY CHANGED!
Over the next few months you may notice some changes in our branding as we adopt the new Country Markets branding. We think it more clearly says what we do.
You will also see on our food labels Allergy Advice in line with the latest labelling regulations which apply from December 2014. If you still have any doubts please ask.
To keep track with what is in season click eattheseasons
Many of our Markets can provide products for specific diets. In particular, SYCM have bakers who specialise on cooking with gluten free ingredients. They are here to help you.
Come and try us at our 5 South Yorkshire Country Markets where we offer
- A unique Market experience
- Reduced Food Miles
- Helpful tips and advice. Even special orders for our goods
- A chance to support your local community and its crafts people
- A great selection of wholesome, high quality, hand crafted and home-baked goods, from divine chocolate cakes to game pies
- Seasonal food e.g. runner beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and courgettes, sprouting broccoli, Strawberry Jam in July, exotic and traditional chutneys
- Help with grow your own. We have a wide range of vegetable, herbaceous, bedding & herb plants when in season
- Positive encouragement to recycle jam jars by returning them to us so that we can make gorgeous preserves
At most of our Country Markets, customers can also buy a cup of tea or coffee and chat to their friends. People of all ages are our regular customers and they enjoy buying the produce and goods available from people they know and trust. As a customer, you will always be welcomed by friendly local people.
What customers have said about us:
"As a kitchen idiot I appreciate the professionals!”
Become a Producer
We are always looking for new Producers for the Markets. If you are a gifted gardener, a creative crafts person or a keen cook and would like to test your entrepreneurial skills then get in touch and earn some cash! It may be just what you are looking for, why don’t you call in and see us.
|For more details click here|
If you don't want to produce immediately, but are interested in becoming involved in our co-operative in other ways, our Markets are always looking for other Helpers. This could involve assisting with the café, looking after our accounts, managing our marketing and/or website or just helping us set up. Being a Helper also makes you a Member of our co-operative.
Tickhill Country Market
Sheffield Country Market