Welcome to South Yorkshire Country Markets
AUTUMN SHOWS ITS FACE AND WITH IT COMES A RANGE OF PRODUCTS TO KEEP YOU WARM
Click here to find where the five South Yorkshire Markets are located. South Yorkshire Country Markets offer you the best in home-made and hand crafted savouries and sweet cooking.
With the holidays over all of our Producers are back refreshed and in full swing gearing up for Autumn. Although the warmer weather has receded you can still look out for us at various outside events and markets as well.
To keep track with what is in season click eattheseasons
Many of our Markets can provide products for specific diets. In particular, SYCM have bakers who specialise on cooking with gluten free ingredients. They are here to help you.
Come and try us at our 5 South Yorkshire Country Markets where we offer
- A unique Market experience
- Reduced Food Miles
- Helpful tips and advice. Even special orders for our goods
- A chance to support your local community and its crafts people
- A great selection of wholesome, high quality, hand crafted and home-baked goods, from divine chocolate cakes to game pies
- Seasonal food e.g. runner beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and courgettes, sprouting broccoli, Strawberry Jam in July, exotic and traditional chutneys
- Help with grow your own. We have a wide range of vegetable, herbaceous, bedding & herb plants when in season
- Positive encouragement to recycle jam jars by returning them to us so that we can make gorgeous preserves
At most of our Country Markets, customers can also buy a cup of tea or coffee and chat to their friends. People of all ages are our regular customers and they enjoy buying the produce and goods available from people they know and trust. As a customer, you will always be welcomed by friendly local people.
What customers have said about us:
"As a kitchen idiot I appreciate the professionals!”
Become a Producer
We are always looking for new Producers for the Markets. If you are a gifted gardener, a creative crafts person or a keen cook and would like to test your entrepreneurial skills then get in touch and earn some cash! It may be just what you are looking for, why don’t you call in and see us.
|For more details click here|
If you don't want to produce immediately, but are interested in becoming involved in our co-operative in other ways, our Markets are always looking for other Helpers. This could involve assisting with the café, looking after our accounts, managing our marketing and/or website or just helping us set up. Being a Helper also makes you a Member of our co-operative.
Country Markets also support the Making Local Food Work initiative which seeks to help people to take ownership of their food and where it comes from by providing advice and support to community food enterprises across England. For further details click here look at the MLFW website.
Sheffield Country Market
Holmfirth Country Market